Tuesday, December 2

If you can't stand the cheese, move over...

I find myself struggling from day to day to determine if I'm content with the way my life's going. I say "content" cos I don't necessarily think I have to be happy or satisfied but alert and decisive about where my life is going.

And below is the conclusion I get from these daily convoluted thought struggles...

I still have faith in the good around me. Friends, family, random guys at the military check-up with me who make smirk, ideas I steal and show off as my own (yes, who doesn't do that?), and Cairo.

And I say this after I went to the military check-up this morning (I'm still in the process of being determined whether I get in or not) and was told that my appointment isn't today, it tomorrow morning at 7 am.

Solution: go on to work and be early for once, have the whole office to yourself, put the songs that make you happy in the morning (today its Michael Buble although he's not one of my regulars), and have a good cup of mint tea.

4 comments:

Dini said...

Hi dear, wait, first of all at some point you need to explain this military thing and why again do you want to be in the military?? But I understand what you mean about that feeling you get about not being content. I was like that a lot when I was in uni and I think its because I missed my parents and the sun and that made up the void in my life. In Msia there are many things missing, ie. friends + freedom to just go about wherever, but I don't feel the void so much. So maybe figure out what's giving you that empty feeling in your tum-tums? :)

Anonymous said...

Chin up Ali! I know you'll make the best of whatever comes your way.

I see what you mean with the being happy/content thing. I've come to realise that the question to ask oneself is not 'am i happy?' but 'is my life full?' i.e. full of meaningful things/people/pursuits. Makes you feel much better! :-)

I love Michael Buble. He's charming as hell, i'd marry him. My favourite song is 'everything':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPUJIbXN0WY

great song to listen to when you're in love. NOT such a great song to listen to when you get your ass left! *laughs hysterically*
*hysterical laugh turns to quiet sobbing...in a corner*

:-) Take care Ali, all will be well!

Preetha

The Imperfect Criminal said...

Hey man, the last thing you want to do is dwell on it. Chances are you'll find something fulfilling without looking for it. It doesn't sound like the military is really what you want to do though - that's just my opinion. There is a lot to be done in the world so keep searching for that something you want to play a hand in. In the meantime, cherish those quiet early mornings with yourself, but be warned, something that good is hard to let go of.

zeinab said...

There's cheese and then there's cheese, one just has to be a connoisseur.xoxo

Blog Archive