Friday, March 13

Experiments from a God-awful Kitchen

It's been two months almost that I've been living as a grad student in NYC. So cooking your own meal is one of the things I've been coming more to grips with. Cooking has always been enjoyable for me, but I've never considered myself to "know" how to cook. (As you'll find out when you read this recipe). This really isn't to say that my kitchen is awful but to say that my experiments are based on what I have in the kitchen and my pantry at the time I have to feed myself.

So perhaps it'd be better to think of this recipe as hope to always being able to fashion a meal out of ingredients that are immediately available to you. :)

Experiment One (Well, there will be more experiments)

Ingredients:
Linguini Pasta (one box)
Arugola (3 cloves)
Mushrooms (6 pieces)
Spring Onions (two pieces)
Whipped Cottage Cheese
Vinegar+Cayenne Pepper+Honey Mustard+Olive Oil+Salt for dressing

Instructions:
Simply, cook pasta. Cut up all the veggies. Make the dressing. Mix veggies with dressing. Wait for pasta to be cooked and cool it down. Mix! Wish a spoon, scoop up a big spoonful of cottage cheese and insert it in the middle of the pasta.

And because I like it spicy, I add tabasco sauce (mainly cos I do that with anything that I'm unsure of its taste...)

P.S. I'm open to suggestions for a name.

1 comment:

Dini said...

Oh my god! You're in NY! What neighborhood are you in? My Mum went to NYU when we lived there so I kinda sorta know where things are - you must be having so much fun!

Blog Archive