Tuesday, November 11

Old Folds for a Musically-Challenged Generation

I like to make CDs. Sometimes, at work, when no one is around, I'll take an empty CD (I said take, not steal) and just spend 10-20 minutes making a CD for friend. Recently, the habit's developed into creating my own "Greatest Hits" 15 CD compilation. Which obviously makes me insane. But who isn't today? Here's a suggested compilation for Oldies Fans. I recommend, particularly for those who're interested in discovering Oldies, to download the following albums, because they're the Best Of…which is a great introduction to their music.

Olds Folds for a Musically Challeneged Generation (someone want to come up with a cover for me?--you do that and I'll make you the compilation for free)

1. Ultimate Grammy Collection
2. Best of Bob Dylan
3. Best of Johnny Cash
4. The Balfa Brothers (traditional Cajun Music)
5. West Side Story OST
6. The Rough Guide to Asha Bhosle
7. Solomon Burke (The Best of)
8. Best of Buffalo Springfield
9. Best of Marvin Gaye
10. Best of Ray Charles
11. The Pasty Cline Collection
12. Best of the Coasters
13. Best of John Coltrane
14. Best of Madonna

1 comment:

Dini said...

Ali, dude, why are you such an old man? :) BTW I want to follow your blog but I can't find the followers tab... ANYWAY! I like the Asha Bhosle and Madonna but I'm not down with anything else!

Blog Archive